Schedule / Hours
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Develop, support and troubleshoot all BRMS (Backup, Recovery and Media Services) tape backup strategies.
- Provide training to Computer Operators on all system tools.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems in terms of processing performance.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Provide orientation and training to end-users for all modified and new systems.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is key.
- Must be available to cover On-call shifts as needed.
- Four-year college degree in Information Technology and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols and Internet standards, including IBM iSeries systems and interfaces.
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including iSeries security and Operating Systems up to and including IBM i V7R2.
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills and experience in large IBM i on Power Systems (iSeries, AS/400) environments is key.
- Working technical knowledge of CL programming language.
- Strong knowledge and experience with the data replication tools (e.g. – Vision Solutions MIMIX, OMS/ODS, etc.) is a big plus.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including IBM iSeries Access (formerly known as Client Access).
- Familiarity with 3rd Party vendor utilities (e.g. – Aldon CMS, TurnOver, TAATOOL, DBU, Hawkeye/Pathfinder, etc.).
- Familiarity with and ability to troubleshoot and maintain Robot products (e.g. – Robot/SCHEDULE, Robot/NETWORK, Robot/CLIENT, Robot/ALERT, etc.), ensuring the stability of production processes a big plus.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to interact with all different levels of personnel within the organization.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Medical and dental insurance coverage
- FSA- health and dependent care expenses
- Telecommuting and work-life balance
- Fun and casual office environment
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, floating holidays)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Competitive base salary
- Discounted gym membership, office snacks, caffeine, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Meridian Power Group (MPG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug -Free Workplace employer. We are Committed to making employment decisions based on merit, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of Employment. MPG desires to maintain a work environment free from sexual harassment or discrimination based on race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, mental status, age, or any other status protected by Federal, State, or Local laws.