Schedule / Hours
- Administrative support duties – Manage complex calendars and arranges meetings/travel; Prepare agendas; Attend meetings and transcribe correspondence from handwritten notes; Maintain extensive office files; Take minutes during meetings; Serve as a resource for the company; Prepare charts and graphs for reports and presentations; Review incoming correspondence and identify items of special interest to the President or others; Maintain various databases and/or spreadsheets. Type letters, memoranda, and reports from drafts and proofread and review documents for grammatical and numerical errors.
Agenda management – Help plan and coordinate visits of distinguished guests invited by the President and ensure appropriate officials and administrators are notified of visits. Book travel, meetings and arrange hotel accommodations for VIP.
Assist the President – write reports, edit speeches, and prepare executive summaries of lengthy reports. Orchestrate strategic work strategies to bring the President’s priorities to fruition. Obtain background information on emerging issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Administrative Assistant, Secretarial Science or related field preferred.
- 5 +years of work experience in a related field, excellent command of PC skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 3+ years of experience of executive calendar management with proven ability to solve conflicts and communicate changes daily
- Experience working in an office environment and supporting a team on project-based work.
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with proven ability to multi-task and operate successfully under tight deadlines and time pressures.
- Strong writing, reading, listening and speaking communication skills.
- Ability to type or keyboard 55 accurate words per minute.
- Medical and dental insurance coverage
- FSA- health and dependent care expenses
- Telecommuting and work-life balance
- Fun and casual office environment
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, floating holidays)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Competitive base salary
- Discounted gym membership, office snacks, caffeine, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Meridian Power Group (MPG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug -Free Workplace employer. We are Committed to making employment decisions based on merit, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of Employment. MPG desires to maintain a work environment free from sexual harassment or discrimination based on race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, mental status, age, or any other status protected by Federal, State, or Local laws.